Inside this fantastic recipe, we will explore using our MakerBars Original Kit for energy bars/balls to make peanut butter dark chocolate oatmeal cookies! Who knew you could make your own cookies with our kits?? Mind blown, Right!?!
This recipe is extremely simple to create.
What You need:
- 1x Maker Bars Kit - The Original
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Large Eggs (or Vegetarian substitute like banana or apple sauce)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Optional - Add some more honey or sweetener if you like them a little more sweet
- Optional - Pumpkin spice or cinnamon (only need about 1/2 Tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together a Maker Bars kit as you would! With your hands of course.
- Beat the eggs slightly (or mash the banana) and add to the kit mixture.
- Add in all other ingredients and stir thoroughly
- If it isn't thin enough (like the consistency of cookie dough), add in another egg or a little bit of milk/water.
- Sometimes we have a bit of a sweet tooth, and if that's you feel free to add some more honey or some maple syrup to this. (I generally try not to use refined sugars in cooking)
- Feel free to add in some pumpkin spice or cinnamon if you like the taste of those too :)
- These are drop cookies, so simply drop heaping Tbsps onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minute per batch, or for crispier cookies 10-12 minutes. You could top them with a couple more chocolate chips when they come out of the oven.
- Cool the cookies and store them in the fridge...If they even make it there.
This is a very unique cookie recipe because these cookies are really filling. After all, they were energy bars before. You won't find any flour in them, and they are a great way to change up how you make your bar mix kits.
The recipe makes about 20 cookies (medium size). Probably you could make 24 small ones if you've got kids!
- Josh, Founder